Frequently Asked Questions
WHEN DOES OPEN ENROLLMENT START FOR THE NEXT SCHOOL YEAR?
Open enrollment starts on February 1 at 9:00am
IS MY CHILD GURANTEED ADMISSION TO THE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL OF OUR CHOICE?
Assignment of students to schools is done on a first-come, first served basis. However, there is a misconception that parents/guardians must submit enrollment on Feb. 1 in order to get the school of their choice. Please note the following:
- Parents who rush almost always have missing or incomplete enrollment packets that cause delays for everyone. Sections with errors or incomplete information will be rejected (they show up as yellow in the parent portal). The date/time stamp in our system is the date/time of the most recent change to the enrollment packet.
- For the past several years, every student who enrolled prior to June 30 was assigned to the school of their choice.
- Current TK students at Panorama do not have to re-enroll, but will have priority enrollment in the school of their choice for Kindergarten.
- Siblings of continuing students will have secondary priority for enrollment at the same school if enrolled by the end of February.
DO I NEED TO RE-REGISTER MY CHILD IF THEY HAVE BEEN PROMOTED FROM PANORAMA ELEMENTARY SCHOOL OR BRISBANE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TO START LIPMAN MIDDLE SCHOOL?
No, students currently enrolled and attending school in the BSD do not need to complete the new student registration process for the next school year. The new student registration process is only for those students who are not currently enrolled and attending school in the BSD for the next school year. If the already enrolled child has a sibling and will be starting Kindergarten or Transitional Kindergarten then yes the family will need to enroll them through the already made account through the parent portal.
OUR FAMILY HAS MOVED AND OUR ADDRESS OF RESIDENCE HAS CHANGED - WHO DO WE NOTIFY?
- Brisbane Elementary School: 415-467-0120
- Panorama Elementary School: 415-586-6595
- Lipman Middle School: 415-467-9541
If your family relocated within the BSD District during the school year, your child may finish the year at the original school. Provide the new school of assignment and the old school with current proof of address. You may request a transfer for your child to continue at the original school for the next school year. The family will need to file an interdistrict transfer every year. Alternatively, you can enroll your child in the new school of assignment based on the new address and begin at the time of the address change.
HOW DOES THE INTERDISTRICT PROCESS WORK TO ATTEND BSD?
- Families must first obtain permission from the district of residence to enroll in BSD. Please note each district has its own forms, process and deadline for handling transfer requests.
- Once the BSD receives the interdistrict transfer paperwork from the district of residence. The Superintendent will need to sign.
- If approved in from the BSD, the family and the district of residence will be notified from BSD.
- If denied in from the BSD, the family and the district of residence will be notified from BSD.
- Reminder: if you choose to have your child attend the BSD till 8th grade you will need to file an interdistrict transfer request every school year at the district of residence
BSD IS OUR DISTRICT OF RESIDENCE AND WOULD LIKE TO TRANSFER OUR CHILD TO ANOTHER SCHOOL DISTRICT, HOW DOES THAT WORK?
Submit the Interdistrict Transfer Request Form via Email, Mail or in person to the BSD Office
Once received by the BSD Office, the Superintendent will need to sign.
Interdistrict Transfer Request Form will be mailed/submitted to the desired school district for their approval
Please note: Each district has its own process and deadline for handling transfer requests.
Reminder: if you choose to have your child attend the desired school district outside of the BSD boundaries, you will need to file an interdistrict transfer request form every school year.